Thursday 29 May 2014

Love Ascension

You were the blazing flame,
And I the drop of water.
I wished I could preserve you
And keep you for later.
 
 
                                                                                                     You were the drop of water
and I a blazing ball of flame.
The moment I fell in love with you,
was when I saw you untamed.
 
The distances were wide and
boundaries vast, I had a fear
I wanted to reach you but,
what if you burn me when I am near.
 
 
Burning was my future,
with out a hope of any lasting place.
But right then you came flowing,
like a damsel misplaced.
 
 
There was you and then there was me,
together we could be.
Everything vanishes in thin air
and love is to be set free.
 
I wanted to touch you, I wanted to feel
each slice of your essence.
But alas, we couldn't meet
along the intact world's boundaries.
 
 
Yet there we found a hope.
We united by a piece of magic veil.
wearing which my light went dim,
You became a nightingale.
 
 
I would wear it all day to be with you.
And I love the shimmering light.
I want to dance a happy dance
and twist in your arms with delight.
 
 
Your songs, your dances,
my smiling vignette, our loving grace.
I remember all nights of our union
and each moment of our embrace.
 
But in those times of comfort,
we lost sense of time and place.
Someone abducted from us,
Our veil of love and innocence.
 
 
I was a damsel in distress
and I would roll on the ground,
To find those happy times
with my love to be around.
 
You were the angry flame
And you lit up the night.
You were there even then,
I could see the blinding light.
 
 
I parted with you to be on love's quest,
sniffing hope and searching its trace.
I left you in grief then,
I stole your comfort and solace.
 
 
You're desolated behind my back,
all you had were memories and pain.
But I got lost amidst my way,
never to return again.
 
 
We were there yet we were apart,
our veil that was snatched,
I could have given all of my self,
To have it back fully patched.
 
 
While I was seeking hope,
Someone put me on their stamp.
I was burning with all my might,
I was now someone's lamp.
 
 
I looked up to and you were my strength,
I could never have given up.
I tried what I could to end it
And I had to stand up.
 
 
You found your way back to me,
like a bird searching for its tree.
You found me in the prison I was caught,
You tried all night to get me free.
 
 
My efforts all in vain, I waited there
all night by your side.
Grieving the invasive grief,
that we both couldn't really hide.
 
 
By the morning, you evaporated with the heat of the Sun.
My captivator allowed me to fade.
You became the vapor and I the smoke,
that's how our union sealed the fate.
 
This is poem written by Ali Sohani (the parts of "the flame") and Myself (the parts of "the water drop").
 
And most of all the inspiration : http://tiny.cc/zr1lgx

No comments:

Post a Comment