Friday 30 May 2014

The Night I Slept With A Smile And Two Pillows


The Night I Slept With A Smile And Two Pillows.


 

The night I slept with a smile and two pillows…

Usually my nights are dark, they are remorseful and apprehensive. Usually, my nights are what life would be without the Sun and stars with no spark. This very night was unusual, it wasn’t like any of the ones before. Someone opened up to me, unlocked their door. The one who rarely does so, but then it flowed beautifully. By the end, I realized what it meant to me. Like the leaves to the tree, like the grains of sand to the desert, like the water to the ocean and to a child, his innocence. It mattered a lot for my happiness. It was a strangely good night for the feelings that flow. That night I slept with a smile and two pillows.

The night I slept with a smile and two pillows…

Was a very unusual night. It reminded me of blissful moments and the painful furrows. It was dark as usual but something was unusually bright. I poured my heart into words unsaid. I made every thought visible as if I were transparent. I laid there on my bed, dictating him what was already apparent. I stumbled over the words in the dark and my senses were wide awake. I spent every emotion and revealed my heart break. He consoled in a light manner, brought alive the happy memories. My inner calamities suddenly stopped. He advised, complemented and jokingly mocked, until my little smile popped. This was the night I slept with a smile and two pillows.

 
This first paragraph of this verse is written by Khuzaima Anwar (@iKhuzaima) and the second one by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment